Collecting crown corks for charity

I'm excited to have found a way to make a difference 3 times by taking 1 initiative! This is how:

On the weekend, I met a lady who was collecting crown corks from restaurants. I was curious why she does that, so I asked. It was a great conversation in which she told me that these are collected as part of the "Kronen-Kinder" initiative. This initiative recognizes that crown corks consist of valuable materials, which can be put to good use. I understood that the income from this raw material is doubled by the city government and goes to children with cancer. 100% of it!

So, from now on, I'm excited to not only remove crown corks from the environment on my weekly cleanup, but also sending them to recycling AND supporting ill children! I love it!

Do you have a similar initiative / charity where you live too?



Comments