Repurposing headlamp

During my evening runs in the dark, I use an LED headlamp. It's energy efficient and I can shine it down to limit light pollution as much as possible.

And recently it hit me (not literally of course :-) ): I can also use it as my crochet light! This is awesome, as it means I don't need to buy an extra lamp or turn on additional lights around the house to be able to see what I'm doing. Plus, it's portable so when I need to sit somewhere else, I can carry the light with me!

This example shows that we can often get two (or more) giggles with one tickle, including:

1. saving energy by using LED

2. saving energy by using fewer lights

3. saving energy by being able to quickly turn the light on and off

4. repurposing products instead of buying them new

Learn more about how light pollution can harm ecosystems and how we can reduce it: https://www.erlijn.nl/link/scicomm.php?l=40840e810a

(credit: AYA images on Shutterstock)


Comments