#631 - Growing sprouts in jar

Similar to me growing spring onions at home, someone on Twitter (who doesn't want to be credited) shared how she grows sprouts in a jar.

This looks so impressive and sounded simple:

"I bought the mixed seeds in a pouch. I use 1 tablespoon of the seeds each time I start a jar. The jar in the photo is one quart, but a liter jar would work. The sprouts are great in sandwiches and salads. The best part is, you can grow them all winter. It takes only 3-4 days.

I soak the seeds in water overnight, then rinse them twice a day, allowing the water to drain off. (I put them in a plastic tray from mushrooms. It keeps the jar tilted.)

My equipment: quart canning jar, outer lid with fly screen cut to fit, container for draining (tray mushrooms came in), measuring spoon, seeds and filtered water. Soak ~8 hours or so, drain and then rinse twice a day. Store in fridge when jar is full."



Comments