Looking back: When change becomes likely

219 days into my 365 Sustainable Decisions Challenge: 

To get rid of pain in a crisis, something has to change. But although there is pain, there also are costs related to change: uncertainty, judgments, effort, money. I believe that change is unlikely when the experienced costs are higher than the experienced pain. I also believe that in the climate crisis, we haven't reached the tipping point. So, for change to happen, the pain should increase or the cost decrease. The pain will increase when we continue like this (e.g. floods); with my Challenge, I contribute to reducing the cost.


graph with two crossing lines, one representing the cost of change, one the pain of a crises. Where they cross is the tipping point of where change becomes likely.

Comments