#228 - Accelerating slowly when driving off

When I occasionally drive a car, I make sure that I have as many good driving habits as possible.

I already am
- opening window instead of using air conditioning (#51), 
- reducing speed on motorway (#158), 
- driving at constant speed (#191) 
- switching off engine at standstill (#192), 
- increasing air pressure to reduce friction (#205) and 
- driving a smaller car (#223).

In addition, it is possible to accelerate slowly, for example after having waited for a red sign.

It saves fuel but also puts less pressure on the car, so that it lasts longer.

Accelerating slowly when driving off reducing co2 emission sustainability sustainable living

Comments

  1. Are you entirely sure about this one? I used to feel this as well, but....

    https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a6827/6-driving-tactics-to-save-gas-this-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this link. Reading what they say about this, I understand that it depends on gears and on how slow. Getting to 50 mph in 15 seconds is approximately the speed that I show in the video. So I understand from the article that the two extremes, both really fast and really slow, are less efficient.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment