What a great concept: Ecological handprint

 🖐️This week a friend pointed out to me an interesting article in a German newspaper, talking about the term ecological handprint. Yes, handprint.

🦶Usually, we speak about our ecological footprint. Our ecological footprint measures whether we are overusing our planet’s resources.

🌍 Focusing on “overusing” is a negative point of view. That is why I loved to learn the opposite term: our “handprint”. This concept has a positive point of view: whether we are making a positive difference to the environment.

🚮 For example, when I go litter-picking, my handprint increases. Or when I use my solar panel to charge my phone; or when I inspire others to make positive changes too; each time, my handprint increases.

As both are important for contributing to a healthier planet, I not only reduce my ecological footprint as much as possible, but also make sure that I increase my ecological handprint every day!

🤝 I hope you do this in your daily life too!



Comments